Sunday, August 16, 2009

8 weeks and counting

We are going back to the doctor next Friday. It will be interesting to see how much Owen weighs at this point. We are leaving for our first beach trip the next day. It will also be interesting to see how much crap I can cram in the car in preparation for Owen's first vacation.

Things have been going pretty well around here. I have stopped drinking milk due to the suggestions from Jill and Annie. It has made a difference for Owen and his tender tummy. I do miss my morning cereal, but if that is the sacrifice that I need to make then it is not too much to ask.
Chris has been great about helping out in the evening. He is very good a jammie time and calming Owen down if there is a blood curdling scream and I cannot do anything else. Thank god bedtime has continued to be consistent. Owen is still fighting naps during the day. He has been taking some good ones the last few days, but it is definitely a struggle.
It is so worth it when he laughs and coos. We only have three more weeks together before I go back to work. I did get a new job as a guidance counselor at Oakland Elementary, which I think will be better when it comes to Owen. The hours are different than middle school and I will not have to get a substitute if Owen is sick. I am looking forward to starting a new job, but I know that these few weeks are going to fly by.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Owen's tummy is feeling better and the milk thing doesn't have to be forever - you can try a little in a month or so and see if he's able to handle it.

    Congrats on the new job - very exciting!! Can't wait to see y'all again!

    ReplyDelete